Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Companies within our group; Asset Management Partners.
- service providers under contract with us to support our business operations, such as fraud prevention, debt collection, payroll, technology services;
- credit reference agents—see ‘Credit checking’ above;
- our insurers and insurance brokers if you take out insurance cover through us;
- trade associations of which we are a member;
- law enforcement or government agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent or detect unlawful activity;
- any person or agency if we need to share that information to comply with the law or to enforce any agreement we may have with you or to protect the health and safety of any person;
- any person who you have named as a person we can contact to discuss your account;
- any person who is your agent or representative, such as the holder of a power of attorney, a legal guardian or person administering a will;
- any person who we are negotiating with as a potential buyer of our business or property or if we are proposing to merge our business with another business (in which case your information will be treated as an asset that may be transferred to any buyer of our business in future);
- credit card associations if specifically required;
If we pass data on to insurers, they may enter your data onto a register of claims which is shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims. If we use an outside party to process your information, we will require them to comply with our instructions in connection with the services they provide for us and not for their own business purposes.